Monday, March 8, 2010

Working For My Half Debut

Kulbis, John

2-23-10
I am setting into motion another night, using my body as a vehicle, a mode of transportation. I have been running this twice-weekly commute for about 6 weeks now, and can describe it down to that stretch of sidewalk nearing the Walmart, where mounded gum and tar are the only things accountable for the rise in elevation.
I do hate this route, for its lack of preserve. There are no forests with soft trails or manicured roads where a car will seldom pass. The concrete path rises and falls, just as often as it narrows and widens, like waves crashing ashore. At least there is rhythm? It is an hour stuck in traffic, where exhaust comes in the form of lethal dosage. And worse are the drivers who will squish you like a bug for even being a second late in clearing the cross-walk.
Marked as an easy run for volume, I get it done, and have always found myself knocking at my doorstep precisely 10 miles later.
3-8-10
This is where I am at. I set a new training PR of 81.47 miles this past week and am willing to deal with the conditions I am given to get in training. I am feeling great and determined that I can achieve real results this season, results that will say I have the potential to be a professional athlete. As I am 10 weeks out from the Cleveland Half, my half-marathon debut, I hope to remain healthy and strong. Much thanks to all who are opening doors for me and supporting my goals. I think it's time to win one for the team!

No comments:

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP