Friday, February 19, 2010

Chaney - Daniels Test Run

For anyone who has used the Daniels Running Formula as a training base you will recognize the following workout. I get to do it on Saturday. It is a great workout and a true test of fitness. I am one month out from my marathon....so the results will dictate the remaining training time prior to race day.

6 mile warm up - relax and ease towards marathon pace
6 miles @ marathon pace - I try to simulate the first 6 miles of the marathon here
1 mile tempo - a good time to push the pace and simulate moving up in the field
6 miles @ marathon pace - at this point I drop the pace down a bit below my target marathon pace
1 mile tempo - IF this happens successfully....book it away in my memory bank for race day!
4 mile cool down - actually still at a good pace. Amazing how slower but still fast feels easy

Matt Young will be the tow truck for this workout. Thanks Matt!

by Jim

No comments:

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP