Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Riggins - Training Week in Review: Feb 1

I've just finished up another week in preparation for the Cleveland Marathon. The week started out relatively strong, but I ran into some trouble after the snowstorm hit. I ended up closing out with 86 miles - far from the 100+ I had set my sights on. However, I barely ran Saturday and cut Sunday a little shorter than anticipated. Here's how the week broke down:

Monday: am - 5 miles;
pm - 12 miles; track w/o at KSU; the plan 4 x 2 mile @ 5:24 with 2 min. rest. I ended up with 2 x 2 miles and 2 x 1 mile with 1 min rest.
Tuesday: am - 5 miles
pm - 10 miles
Wednesday: 14 miles
Thursday: 13; 8 mile threshold run around roads in the valley. Averaged 5:37 pace
Friday: am - 10 miles. Missed my double in the evening - this began the slide
Saturday: Ran a token mile just to keep my streak alive
Sunday: Relatively easy 16 from Lock 29

This next week will be a nice down week (around 70 miles) with at least one workout. Everything seems to be going well as I prepare for my official training to begin the last week of February.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What training runs are people doing this weekend?

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP