Friday, February 26, 2010

Marathon Segments

Chaney, Jim

Matt Young and I are headed to Columbus on Sunday to run the Last Chance for Boston marathon. This is a one mile loop that includes a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, and the Full Marathon. We will each be wrapping up our own individual workouts within the 26.2 mile journey. I have a 22 mile workout that will begin with 2 easy miles followed by 4 marathon paced miles followed by 9 easy miles followed by 5 marathon paced miles followed by 2 easy miles (22 miles total). I will just continue on for the additional 4 miles as a cool down and get a marathon distance run in. Funny thing is that as I work the numbers....my finish time will most likely be faster than a few marathons I have "raced". The approach is pure training and there is no self-imposed pressure to finish at a certain time. I will simply take each segment of this workout and focus on the smaller task rather than the overall outcome. This is a lesson I am going to incorporate in my goal marathon race in three weeks.

Stay tuned to see if I learned my lesson!

No comments:

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP